If there is a loss of electrical power to the system and the cover must be closed or opened for safety or other reasons, the cover can be closed manually. While this is not easy to do, it can be done by following these steps:
To cover the pool:
- Remove the cover lid.
- Pull the ropes to extend the cover out over the pool
To uncover the pool:
- Remove the cover lid at the non-motor end.
- Insert a ¾” x ½” adapter onto a ½” ratchet.
- Insert the ¾” adapter into the end of the cover drive shaft.
- Ratchet the cover off the pool.
Note: For largepools, it may be necessary to loosen the cover mechanism’s torque limiter to close the pool.